Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Success Formula - Michael Jordan Style

Michael Jordan's early days in basketball were less than glorious. In fact most of us would never have expected him to ever accomplish even anything remotely close to the level of success he enjoys even to this day in terms of notoriety, and market value even after his final NBA game was on April 16, 2003 in Philadelphia
Click The Image For Fifteen more Inspiring Stories of Failures that lead to Eventual Success.
Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team as a child, driven to the point of tears because of his intense desire to succeed in the midst of his early failure in a sport he would come to eventually dominate not just in the United States with the Chicago Bulls and several other teams - but as a global figure representing the essence of NBA success to people everywhere.

One key component to his amazing success was that he kept showing up, and kept taking shots. In Jordan's own words:
"I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."So the question is this: What shots are you willing to continue taking until you reach success and how do you define that success? Is it a journey or a single event (earning X per year, or opening X amount of stores)?  For Michael Jordan, success was and is his legacy not of just himself but the sport he loved and still loves so dearly. What is your love? What are you willing to sacrifice or overcome to reach that love in the ways you want most?

x

1 comment :

  1. This is my first time visit here. From the tons of comments on your articles,I guess I am not only one having all the enjoyment right here!
    philip keezer

    ReplyDelete